3 Reasons Why All Bookkeepers Need a Bookkeeping Website
Do you have a Bookkeeping Business without a website?
Running a Bookkeeping Business is not an easy task, with a to-do list that’s for ever growing. Plus you might have various reasons to resist building a website for your bookkeeping business: ‘’I am not tech savvy”, “they are too expensive”, “I don’t have the time” or you might think you have “enough business and don’t need one”.
But the reality is getting a professional website for your bookkeeping business doesn’t have to be expensive and you can keep it simple enough to maintain yourself. But the bottom line is not having a website is costing you time and money.
Over the last few weeks we have been discussing the power of Social Media BUT to have a successful Social Media Strategy you MUST HAVE a WEBSITE.
Apart from the above facts, here are our the top 3 reasons why a website is a must for your bookkeeping business.
1. Create a Social Presence
- A website helps build your online reputation and brings you more sales and referrals.
- 81% of people research a business or service online prior to making a purchase decision. If you don’t have a website, you have no chance at capturing a share of this market. People like to use Google or Bing to do their own research before they make a purchase decision, and stack you against your competitors with the information they gather.
- A website can be your number one tool for standing out in a crowd. If you don’t have a website, that means no one can find your bookkeeping business. Having a good bookkeeping website will add instant credibility to your business. Survey stats show that 72% of people said they won’t trust a business without a website.
- First impressions count, and websites allow you to make a very strong impression with a well designed introduction for your business.
2. Improve Your Advertising Effectiveness
- A well-maintained website is also a powerful marketing tool. Your website is ’always-on’ and available 24/7 365 days a year, even when you are not. It can save you time and money by providing answers to common questions and inquiries, while you spend your time doing valuable things or meeting customers or working on that ever-growing to-do list.
- Surprisingly, 59% of small bookkeeping business still don’t have a professional website. That means, having a website will attract new customers to your business, making you more money and giving you an edge over the bookkeeping businesses that still don’t have a website.
- A website improves your advertising and expands your market. It can offer a better return on investment than any other form of advertising. If you’re planning to market your bookkeeping business, a website should be your first priority. You can save money on printing and distributing and other expensive traditional marketing.
- With the help of digital tools like Social Media, Google Business Listing combined with a bookkeeping website, you can easily target new clients and new clients can find YOU.
3. Educate Potential Clients
- A website can communicate your marketing message while educating potential clients on who you are, about your business and how you can support them. Which means most of your sales pitch is done for you even before they contact you. You can cater to different client requirements by promoting your services and sales packages online . So when a client contacts you, they are already familiar with what you have on offer.
- You can streamline your processes and improve productivity based on website insights and feedback that your clients give you via your website.
- You can add tools like online booking forms, answer to most commonly asked questions and even provide additional information to clients via blogs and tips.
- You can run targeted campaigns and advertising campaigns and direct them to your landing page set on your website. This is a great way of generating leads and sales and growing your database of potential clients.
A bookkeeping website is not as hard, or as expensive, as you think.
Our team at Savvy can help you set up a cost effective website. Over time the relatively low investment of getting a business website will pay dividends by driving your website to new customers and building your brand. Plus, it’s a legitimate business expense and a tax write off.
We can’t say this enough, but a website acts as a platform for your messaging and shapes the online perception of your business in a way that your Social Media Channels cannot provide. A website allows you to position yourself in the market to get the exact type of customers you’re looking for.
So again, while we believe that not every person needs a website, we’ve shown you why every Bookkeeping Business needs a website. There’s a very small and inexpensive barrier to entry, and there is a massive opportunity to help grow your business.
If you’re going to do one thing today to help your Bookkeeping Business be more successful, it’s to make getting a website your top priority.
At Savvy, we can help you position yourself and stay in control of your brand.
- We always suggest our clients to get their marketing message before creating their website so they have a clear understanding of who their ideal clients are and how you can help them
- Take advantage of our FREE Business Plan to help start the process